About SICOM Group Open or Close
When was SICOM founded?
State Insurance Corporation of Mauritius was adopted by the Legislative Assembly in 1974 and became operational as a Parastatal body in May 1975. In 1988, State Insurance Corporation of Mauritius was privatized to SICOM Ltd. SICOM Ltd became known as State Insurance Company of Mauritius Ltd in May 1999.
Where is the Head Office of SICOM?
SICOM Building, Sir Célicourt, Antelme Street, Port Louis
What is the opening and operational hour at the SICOM Head Office?
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm Saturday & Sunday Closed
Where else can you access the SICOM Group Products & Services?
What are the areas of intervention for CSR we are committed to?
- Sports and Leisure
Complaints Procedure Open or Close
What is the complaint procedure at SICOM?
SICOM Group is committed to providing you with an excellent level of service, but we recognise that there may be an occasion when you feel we have not achieved the standards of service that we aim to deliver to you and you wish to make a complaint accordingly.
In this respect, the Group has set up a Complaints Handling Structure in line with the Guidelines issued by our Regulator, the Financial Services Commission.
We provide you below with a summary of the Complaints Handling System in place at SICOM:
- When making a complaint, kindly state its nature and provide us with full details and supporting documents if any. The complaint should preferably be in writing. Please address your complaint to our Complaints Coordinator.
- The Complaints Coordinator will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint within 3 working days of receipt of same.
- Our aim is to resolve any complaint and inform you of our final response normally within 30 working days of receipt of the complaint. There will however be occasions where you may remain dissatisfied with our response, in which case you may refer your complaint to the Financial Services Commission.
We also value your comments on service provided with which you were particularly impressed. Constructive feedback helps us grow as a customer-focused company.
Full details of our Customer Complaints Procedures are provided in a leaflet that can be obtained upon request from our Complaints Coordinator. Alternatively, you may request for a leaflet by emailing our Complaints Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Deposit Open or Close
What is the minimum amount of deposit that is accepted?
The minimum amount that can be deposited is Rs10,000.
Is the interest rate fixed or variable?
The interest rate remains fixed throughout the whole term of the deposit.
Is there any penalty if I want to withdraw my deposit before term?
In case of early withdrawal of your deposit, the interest rate will be re-calculated at the prevailing savings rate or the rate which was applicable for the time period from which the deposit was placed until it is cancelled, whichever is the lower
Leasing Open or Close
What is a Lease?
A lease is a legal contract between the owner (Lessor), and the lessee (Customer) allowing the lessee to use a specific asset in consideration of rental payments over a pre-determined period of time while the lessor retains legal ownership of the asset.
Type of Lease
Finance Lease - A Finance Lease is an agreement stipulating that the lessee has to pay regular instalments to the less or over a pre-determined time period. It allows the lessee to make full use of the asset and disclose the assets in its books. The lessee has the option to acquire the vehicle at the end of the lease period by paying the residual value.
How to apply for a lease?
Applications can be made by printing the attached documents relevant to you (i.e individual or corporate). Once you have completed the application form, it must be duly signed and returned with all the relevant documents.
Please ensure that you have submitted all the relevant documents to enable us to proceed rapidly with your application.
Do I need a security?
The leased asset is our 'security'.
What is the maximum amount I can get?
We can finance up to 100% of the Ex-VAT cost of the asset depending on your repayment capacity and the risk related to the asset financed.
What are your interest rates?
The interest rate is determined by the asset financed, risk related to the asset, your credit history, stability and ability to service the loan. Once you have submitted your application, we can assess it and provide you before you are committed to proceeding with the loan.
Can I settle the loan early?
Yes. You can repay your loan early. If you want to settle your loan, you must repay the whole amount due. You must contact us to calculate the exact amount due as you pay interest up to the day you settle your account. There are other charges involved if you wish an early settlement. Consult your lease agreement for further details.
Motor Insurance - Constat à l'amiable Queries Open or Close
What is meant by ‘Constat à l’amiable’?
According to the Road Traffic (Amendment No. 3) Act 2003, new regulations will be applicable to motor vehicle road accidents as from 1st August 2004. The Agreed Statement of Facts ( Constat à l’amiable) has been devised to make procedures easier in cases of minor road accidents where no police intervention is required.
Where can I find forms for ‘Constat à l’amiable’?
You can have a form from your nearest filling station or contact directly SICOM
A ‘Constat à l’amiable’ Form should NOT be filled in where
- More than 2 vehicles are involved in the accident
- the driver of the other vehicle does not agree with you on how the accident happened
- the driver appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- there are casualties ( fatal, serious or slight injuries)
- there is damage to structure and property other than the vehicles ( e.g. traffic signs, guardrails, kerbs, boundary walls, gates etc.)
- a State–owned vehicle is involved in the accident
- any of the motor vehicles does not have a valid insurance vignette
- one of the drivers does not hold a valid driving licence
What can I do if I need more clarifications for the ‘Constat à l’amiable’?
Call immediately the Insurance Hotline on 203 9011 where assistance will be given to you.
Motor Insurance - In case of accident / vehicle breakdown Open or Close
As a Private Car Comprehensive Insurance Policyholder, you are entitled to a complimentary Roadside Assistance Service through AA Towing.
If you are on the move and an accident or a simple breakdown brings you to a standstill, AA Towing will deal with the problem quickly and efficiently.
What should I do in Case Of Accident or Vehicle Breakdown?
Call Us on 8995 or 5 772 3205 or 5 726 8445 - Roadside Assistance will assist you whenever your car is immobilized following an accident or a breakdown. SICOM GIN has entrusted the service to a professional in the field, AA Towing.
AA Towing will send a mechanic to attend to basic problems that can be resolved at the roadside. The cost of any spare
parts, battery or petrol is to be borne by you.
In case of accident or breakdown that cannot be repaired on site, your vehicle will be towed to the destination agreed (garage, car dealer, salvage yard, etc).
What is covered in the Roadside Assistance Service?
24/7 repair on site
- Your vehicle runs out of petrol
- Flat battery
- Flat tyres
You are entitled to 3 Roadside repairs within 1 annual period of insurance
24/7 Towing Services
Accident or breakdown that cannot be repaired on site
You are entitled to 3 Towings within 1 annual period of insurance
In case the breakdown cannot be resolved or in case of accident, if required, AA Towing will arrange a taxi for you and your passengers (at your own cost).
How to benefit from Roadside Assistance services?
IN CASE OF ACCIDENT & VEHICLE BREAKDOWN...
Simply call AA Towing Service (24/7) on 8995. Before contacting us, make sure you have the followinginformation handy:
- The registration number of your vehicle
- The make/model
- Details of the event
- Exact location
- A contact number
- The insurance policy number
What you are covered for?
- 3 Roadside repairs within 1 annual period of insurance
- 3 Towings within 1 annual period of insurance
What is not covered?
- Vehicles other than private cars and SUVs
- Off road rescue cases
- Cost of spare parts, including battery
- Cost of petrol for refuelling
- Unattended vehicles
- Unregistered vehicles
Motor Insurance - Making a claim following an accident Open or Close
How to make a claim following an accident?
At SICOM, we strive towards fair and quick settlement of claims. There are however some actions that you will need to do to enable us to deal with your claim promptly. It is important that you:
- Inform the Police Authorities of the accident giving rise to the claim
- Notify us of your claim in writing or by phone as soon as possible and at latest within 5 days of occurrence of the event giving rise to the claim. You can come to our office to make your claim. Our staff will assist you in filling in a claim form and will advise you of further procedures. Please note that the driver of the vehicle must bring along his driving licence when calling at the office
- Where necessary, please take reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage
- As far as possible, do not incur any repair costs without our prior approval, but if emergency repairs are necessary to prevent further loss, please keep the receipts for the costs involved
- Preserve the damaged vehicle for inspection purposes
- Send us without delay any claim, which you may receive, from another party in connection with the accident.
How to settle a claim?
- In the event of loss or damage to your vehicle, we shall have it repaired to the garage of your choice or by one of our nominated repairers, depending on the age and pre-accident condition of your vehicle.
- In case the vehicle is treated as a total loss, the maximum amount which is payable is the pre-accident market value or the Sum Insured, whichever is the lesser.
Unit Trust Open or Close
How do I invest in the Fund?
You may invest by buying units in the Fund.
How does it work?
Your investment is managed for you and spread across a wide range of equity (local and overseas) shares, loans, debentures, government stocks/bonds as well as through cash / short term/ money market instruments.
What is the investment policy of the Fund?
The overall objective of the Fund is to maximize returns whilst acting prudently at all times and diversifying its portfolio with a long- term view.
Can I redeem my units?
You can redeem your units by returning the certificate and fill in a redemption form. Relevant requests forms are available at SICOM Financial Services Ltd.
What is the price of a unit?
The price of a unit for SICOM General Fund and SICOM Overseas Diversified Fund is calculated on a weekly basis. Click here to see the latest pricing.
SICOM GROUP - PRODUCTS & SERVICES